Monday, August 23, 2010

Mild Sheen, Part 1, 2006

Remar, summer, 2006
Sazo is 47, Sandy is 44, S’Ahmisa is 19, Si’Enya is 14. Trevor Yates is 24.



“Come in, come in.” Sandy welcomed her friend, Jadhira into the cool house.

“It’s so hot.” Jadhira said entering the house.

“It’s hot as bloody hell,” Sandy agreed.

“Tell me about it,” Li echoed following the women into the house. “Do you have any flavored ice?”

“I have icy cool mixed juice cocktails waiting for us,” Sandy answered as the trio entered the living room.

“I’m so proud of S’Ahmisa joining the council. I’ve emailed my family in Simborough all about it.”


“She’s doing very well with the new position. I met with her last simweek about my proposal and we ended up talking about the import policy, She’s very passionate about the import policy.”

“Yes, she’s been talking about imports ever since she started chatted with her friend Rommy on the SUN boards. Apparently his hood has suffered a series of storms and most of them were due to their imports. She hated seeing the devastation that he had to deal with.”

“Some of her ideas are really good, but I think it will take more time to gradually allow the residents to ease into a life with minimal imports. “


“Li, are you ok?”

“Huh? Yes, why?”

“You’re very quiet.”

“I have nothing to say.”


“I have been thinking about moving. This house is much too big for us.”

“Moving? Where?”


“I would like to move to the metro. We don’t need a yard or anything since we barely use ours, in fact Si’Enya is the only one who uses the yard and poor girl, she’s being constantly chased by bees. She’s so determined to find some special spider.”

“How many bedrooms is this house?”


“There are three bedrooms and two baths, but there’s this huge basement that we don’t even enter. I went down there last simweek to dust and chase out critters.”


“Have you thought about converting it into an apartment and renting it out? I mean, if you don’t move that is.” Li added.

“I haven’t thought about that. I’ll have to think about it.”

“I have to go,” Jadhira said standing up. “We’re taking the twins shopping for new clothes.”

“How old are they now?”


“They’ll be eleven this year, can you believe that they’ll be teenagers next simyear. I’m too young to have teenagers.”
---


“How was the time with your friends?” Sazo asked taking his wife’s hands.

“It was ok, we chatted for a spell then afterwards I did some reading.”



“That’s nice. I have a proposal for you.”

“Wow, with such an arupt change in topic I’m curious about your proposal. Have you finally decided that I was right and that we should have another baby?”

“Umm, yea-no.”

“Then what?”

“I think we should open another business.”

“What does that have to do with me?”

“I want you to run it.”


“What?”

“I think we should open a bookstore and you love books, so you would be a natural at running the store.”

“I know nothing about running a business, why would you think I could do it?”

“Sandy, you can do anything. You don’t give yourself enough credit.”


“No,” she said angrily. “I’m being realistic. I barely finished high school, bloody hell, I play games as my career. What kind of career is that? How could you think I’m capable of running a business? You shouldn’t tease like that.”


“I’m not teasing, Sandy.” Sazo growled. “You shouldn’t put yourself down. You would, no, you will be great at running a bookstore. You have a personality that attracts sims and you know a lot about books and recommending great titles to the sims here.”

“Sazo-“

“The conversation is over,” he growled again. “We need to get dressed to go to dinner.”


“Sazo,” Sandy said following him out of the kitchen.”You really think I could do it?”

“Yes, I know you can do it.”


“Ok, I’ll do it.”
---
“The pork chops sound like they might be good.”

“I think I’m going to order the prawns.”

“Smart choice,” the server agreed taking their order and retreating to the kitchen.


“S’Ahmisa signed the papers on that complex today.”

“That’s great. I’m sure she’s going to make plenty of simoleans off of it. It’s in the metro, so it should be a good investment.”

“Yes, the metro has been very popular lately.”


“I think we should move here.”

“Excuse me?”

“We should move. The house is too big for the three of us, we can get a nice townhouse in the metro or penthouse apartment even. Si’Enya will be leaving for university in a few simyears and then what. We’ll be in that huge house by ourselves. It’s too much space.”


“I don’t want to move to the metro…at least not yet.”

Sandy sighed, “Well, if we’re not going to move anytime soon, how about turning the basement into an apartment. We could rent it out and at least make some money on that unused space.”

Sazo smiled, “and you think you’re not fit to run a business? That’s a great idea. Do you think Li would be able to draw up some plans to make it a livable apartment?”


“I’m sure she could.”

“Call her tonight and tell her to get started. I actually know of a sim looking for a place to stay. If we can get the basement renovated within a simlonic month, it would be enough time for him to move in.”

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Sandy is going to have a go at running a business. A book store sounds perfect for her and it sounds like she has more business savvy than she gives herself credit for.

    I still feel so sad for Li. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bookstores. I hope Sandy has fun running hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Sandy is going to give running a bookstore a try! And it's good that they've come to a compromise for now about moving or renting out some space in their house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of renting out the basement, I wonder who Sazo has in mind. I'm glad he talked her into running the new business, I hope it gives her a boost of confidence. I was sad to read how little esteem she seemed to have her own capabilities.

    And Wow on Li having teenagers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Carla, yea...Li still doesn't know how to cope with Ping's death.

    -Heredon Cove, she should, wait until you see her.

    -Shana, yea, but they're going to have to move soon. That house is nice, but huge!

    -Maisie, you shall soon see who will be renting the basement ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails