Monday, July 23, 2007

Reminders...Journeys

How did I get here?

How did I go from Ng*Caima Hi*maya, (the * is where a tongue-click would be pronounced), the girl from Sokitumi Island who used to worship the goddesses & gods (including my favorite, Goddess Lahubutaniya (the goddess of love); Anghj; Feomah (the mother goddess); Angh Tamahou (the god of fertility) the big Volcano god, Wan Sockem-lugi), to the wife of the pastor in this small town? From a university student studying drama and desiring to be a broadway actress to a wife and mother? How I almost married a count that my family chose for me, but instead I was able to marry Lyndon.

I have changed so much, yet I am still the same. Concern about my family still is a priority, but now my family focus is on Faith and Lyndon, instead of my siblings.

I fear that I have forgotten most of my native tongue, Sokitumian, for lack of using it. I am going to help Faith learn some basic words like Mah (Mom) and Parther (Dad).
I even found my old blog. http://nichumphrey.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails