Saturday, April 12, 2008

Redecorating

I found the perfect inspiration to redecorate the house (kitchen and living room), perhaps because of the coming baby, perhaps because I want to truly make this home Jorge and mine and not my parents-but I've been in the mood to decorate! Li told me about this website-it's for weddings, but I love how they combined the colors for several inspiration boards.



I then determined my color scheme of lilac, white, celadon & taupe:


The colors remind me of a nice english garden, don't you think?

Then I spent some time doing a bit of online shopping since I can't waddle around the hood looking for items and then I ordered a few things and told Li about my redecorating desires. She said that she would do a write up in the paper about it. So the final results will be published online for the world to see. But here's what the results are:

New wallpaper from Lyran's Sims, a new facade for the fireplace, some shelves to hold our beloved photos and momentos.
A new seating set for the living room, some flowers, paintings and new carpeting and tile throughout.
New items for the kitchen from Around the Sims including the dining room table. New fridge, curtains, counters, etc. Everything is so light and airy now. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails