Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Expat Resar 2003

Resar, Fall, 2003
Sazo is 44, Sandy is 41, S'Ahmisa is 16 , Si'Enya is 10


The Warwicks are settling into life in Kimikura fairly well. Si'Enya has found a place to store all her bugs and rocks and strange leaves. However, she doubts that her parents would be pleased to know that her secret hiding place for her found objects is next to her socks.


S'Ahmisa has embraced the Kimikurian culture. The first thing she did once the family unpacked was find an authentic Kimikurian kimono. She chose one made of fine silk with delicate blossoms running across the fabric. It arrived while she was at school, so she was surprised to find it hanging in her closet. The light bounced off the beautiful kimono and she spent a few moments simply staring at it.




Finally she put it on. The silk glided over her skin and flew to the floor in a whisper. She stared in her small mirror and decided that she looked rather silly with her hair in a long braid, so she decided to let loose her wavy hair. Next, she applied some make-up that her mother brought her for her birthday. Si'Enya took a picture of her big sister and while the younger one searched for bugs, S'Ahmisa crafted an email to Verde back in Apple Valley.



Hi! How are things? I hope your 16th birthday was a lot of fun! I didn't get a car like most 16 year-olds, but then again I definately don't need one. Instead I asked for an advance my trust fund. My parents surprised me by giving me some of the money instead of having me draw it from my fund. Well, you know that I took the money and brought some land in Apple Valley, that plot of land on the west side of the island where the Greys used to live. You also know that I built a banquet hall where weddings, proms and parties can be held. Especially since your mom hosted the art gala there. I was also able to get some cheap land in Apple Plains and am building a country club there. Maybe sims will visit the club in addition to the historical train station.


School here is ok. I thought I would be going to school with other Kimikurian students, but most of the teens are expats. Do you know that they had the nerve to gossip and tease me about my heritage?!?! Of all things!


I had to show them that it wasn't wise to tease me, especially about my heritage which I am intensely proud of. I guess they were testing me, since afterwards they have been very accepting of me.


In fact, I bumped into one girl from school when mom took Si'Enya and I out for Rice Noodle Bowls. She sat down with us and asked mom all about Apple Valley. That's enough for now, I hope things are going well in Apple Valley. I know you're probably still upset about the whole going steady thing, but I think we're too young to settle down. I mean, what if you meet some sim while I'm far away over here? I hope you're still ok being my friend and I can't wait until you come to visit. That's so exciting that your parents are sending you here! I'll have to take you to all the sights here. Tell the Sweeny triplets I said hello and give the new baby a kiss for me. I miss babysitting them. I know that they won't understand you, but tell them anyway.


When S'Ahmisa wasn't typing long emails and gathering all the news from Apple Valley, she was studying for school or keeping her body in top physical condition. University was less than 2 simyears away. Perhaps she was stressed about meeting the requirements, getting enough scholarships and skill exams. Her sleep has been distrubed lately with wild dreams.




In one dream she visited a nearby temple and made a wish. The next thing she knew was that she was pelted with golden simoleans. She didn't know if it was a good dream-money falling from the sky-or a bad dream-said money bruising you.


Sandy and Sazo had some restless nights as well, but for an entirely different reason. It was like Kimikura renewed thier already active intimacy.

"I have a meeting with one of the research members at the Kimikura Meditation Centre. Why don't we take the girls and let them explore while I have tea with Marc."




That's how the family found themselves walking the short distance to the center on a balmy fall day. That was one thing Sazo loved about Kimikura, it only had two seasons-spring and the rainy season.


Sazo met up with Marc quickly and the two men conversed about the rising cost of shipping tea to other hoods.

"We need to think of an alternative."

"I thought our research mission was to examine the effects of-"

"It is, but you know the research head will find some way to bring the shipping costs of tea into it. We might as well keep it in our mind."

While Sazo further discusses the future of the export of tea and the progress of thier research, Sandy enjoys some quality time with Si'Enya. She's been feeling old lately. Maybe it's the fact that her oldest is within reach of college, or that her youngest is almost a teen and won't enjoying dancing in public with her mother for much longer. Sandy tries to deny the fact that a few wrinkles are the cause of her worry, but honestly it all adds up.


When Si'Enya runs away near dusk to hunt for bugs, Sandy retires to an empty tea pavilion and pours herself a cup.

Maybe I should get plastic surgery. A little botox won't hurt, maybe even tweak the nose a bit and plump up the lips. She thinks sipping the bitter drink. It wasn't anything like her tea time in Simborough, but she had to admit that the green tea was smooth and Sazo always boasted the health benefits of drinking the beverage.


Sazo ended his meeting, but not his thinking about tea. He took a rake and performed a ritual passed down from Zen priests that is rumored to help sims focus their concentration. He needed to concentrate. It had been almost a simyear since thier arrival to Kimikura and he had been so busy with work. Now it was time to focus on the family.

"For the next few simdays, I'm taking you on an authentic tour of Kimikura!" he announces to the three ladies in his life. "We're doing all the tours, seeing all the sights and experiencing all the food there is to have!"

Si'Enya spends the entire time snapping photos of all the bugs and natural flora.

"Are you taking a photo of another bug?" S'Ahmisa asks.

Si'Enya nods. "I love this place! That last tour was amazing! I loved riding the helicopter and seeing the baby pandas. Daddy said that he's going to buy me a stuffed panda. Don't you think this place is amazing?"

S'Ahmisa has to agree, but not on the account of the bugs buzzing about. During the tour, her father introduced her to one of the researcher's son, Katsumi Endo. Not only was Katsumi a native Kimikurian, but he was actually pretty cute. To perfectly end the short walking tour, Katsumi agrees to teach S'Ahmisa kimikurian and the standard local greetings.

----

I forgot how cute those two girls are. My husband agrees with me as well, when they were both children he saw thier picture and said-wow, they're really pretty...for sims. :P Sometimes I want Sandy and Sazo to have another child, but there's the fear that the last child will get all the unpleasant genetics :P

6 comments:

  1. The girls are very pretty! I'm glad to see the family is doing well in Kimikura. Good for S'Ahmisa for showing those other teens they can't talk about her and get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Shana, thanks! Most of my sims grow into thier looks in thier teens, but these two were the exception in that it was obvious from toddlerhood that they were physically blessed. S'Ahmisa is a tough cookie, she has to be if she wants to become mayor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like they are settling very nicely. I've never seen anyone use the vacation clothes so well

    ReplyDelete
  4. -heredoncove, thanks! I finally found a kimono for children, so Si'Enya will be ordering hers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this was a great update! I've been looking forward to seeing how this family is doing in Kimikura! The girls are very pretty, indeed! I really love the rich culture they're learning there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Simmington Hills, thanks. I think the girls are one of my favorites-but I don't have many sims so they're pretty much all my favorites. S'Ahmisa wants to be a mayor pretty badly and all she chats about is politics, I can see her trying to get internships in other hoods during the summer just to be close to thier hood leaders.

    I love the whole idea of living in another country-makes me miss my days as a military brat-so this is my chance for my simmies to relive some of those moments. Not quite military brats, but close enough. It has allowed me to really flesh out a history for Kimikura, I might have to do the same for my other vacation locales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails