Saturday, January 17, 2009

PreTeen Life

Lovar 2000


It's the month of love and what a month it's been. I went on my first offical date!-sort of.
Verde asked me to go to the new sports park with him. I was so excited, it is in Apple Valley Metro which meant we would take the ferry and go all by ourselves. My father of course had Verde stop by before we left and he gave him the whole "my little princess" talk. I could tell Verde was nervous, he slicked back his hair and dressed in a sweater vest and everything in an effort to appear preppy and older.
After a game of basketball we relaxed in the grass and stared at the clouds as they changed shapes. Mostly we say basketballs and the occasional football, but I did see a hockey stick. It's funny, with Verde and I, everything is sports, sports and more sports. If we're not debating the Llamas vs the Bunnies, then we're comparing stats on our fantasy leagues or scouring the internet for international sports stars.
After the long ferry home, it was dark and Verde walked me to my door, naturally. Mom and dad were still up and pretending not to peek out the curtains. Verde kissed me good night. A real kiss! It seems so strange, but natural. We were always the best of friends, eversince we were kids and now...actually, I don't know if we're going steady or not. Mom says that I'm too young to go steady, only in the 6th grade, and that there will be other boys that catch my eye. I don't know, none of them know me as well as Verde does.
Ok, so when I'm not babbling about my first date, I'm studying for exams. They're much more difficult now that I'm in junior high and sometimes I stay up late at night studying. I want to excel, not just in sports and soccer, but also academics. I can't run a successful business empire with my looks or my name alone. I have to know exactly how economics works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails