Sunday, November 29, 2009

Killing Time, Peacar 2004

Peacar, winter, 2004
Julio is 37, Rebecca is 34, Abel and Amanda are 8



They should be packing, instead they invite Jorge and Jolie over to kill time.

"I'm nervous about the big move. I don't know how I would cope if I were pregnant."

Rebecca smiled. "You learn to remain calm, that's all I can do. I know that the move is for the best, the timing is great and I have to roll with the punches if you will."

"You're right, it's just that we just got the children settled into the new home in Apple Plains and now we have to move again."

"Same here, but the good thing is that since we've just unpacked, we still have the boxes to pack up again."

"That is true, by the way, I love your new haircut and color. I wish I could change my hairstyle as often as you change yours."


As the ladies changed topics to hair color, the men huddled in a corner discussing more important issues.

"I doubt you could talk Jolie into having another baby. Especially since you were the one who didn't want another kid."
Jorge nods, "Perhaps I should take her on a romantic vacation like you did. Obviously, it worked for you."
The twins laughed.

"Did Antonio tell you about their trip to Hacienda Bay?"
"Yea, did you examine Rojo to find out if there was permanent damage?"
"I did, I couldn't find a reason for the bone defect. To be honest, it's scaring me. I see these sims walk into the clinic daily and there are different unexplainable ailments left and right. Looking in the archives, it seems like exactly what was happening before the great flood."
"Do you think there's a connection?"
"I don't know yet. The good news is that by moving to the new terrain, we will have a clean slate to work with...almost."
"Well, at least we'll be closer than a thirty minute train ride and twenty minute ferry trip."
"I still can't believe that you're designing now. First cooking and now designing furniture collections."
"It's still a bit surreal to me. I can't believe that I'm a Design Consultant for Sim City Furniture. Keith is wonderful to work with, I have no clue how he is able to take my ideas and make them reality. It's amazing! One thing I'm looking forward to with the big move is getting my order from Keith and arranging the house. We're using the money Jorge won playing in that poker tournament last summer and some of my earnings so far from SCF."
"I remember you telling me about that poker game. You just came back from Simmington Hills. How was the trip? Did you see Ray and Lydia?"
"It went very well, I didn't have a chance to run into Ray while I was there. I'm glad that the flight is so close and tickets are cheap."
"I'm glad that Mayor Cunningham and Fiona are so close. The amount of trips that Apple Valley residents make to Simmington Hills is amazing. It seems like we should buy a charter plane to make the trips faster."
Rebecca stood up with a groan. "Once we get settled in the new terrain, you'll have to design a nursery for the new baby."
"That would be fun."
"How does the design process work anyhow?"
"Get a piece a paper and we'll hash out some ideas."

A few moments later, the women were huddled in a corner discussing the pros and cons of vintage 70's decor or sleek modern decor.
---
I don't know how I would play my game if it wasn't for the SUN and the connections I have with other hoods. It just makes things more interesting, especially the trips to other hoods.
What do you do to spice up your game?

10 comments:

  1. I love how you're writing in your change of terrain. Very clever!

    The mere act of blogging my game spices it up for me. My sister asked me last night if I ever finished a playing session and felt like not blogging it and I had to say no. I feel like the blogging is a part of my playing now. It forces me to think about why the Sims are doing what they're doing, rather than just continue along the "eat, pee, sleep" cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    I wanted to stop by and say what a nice job you have done to your site. I do love how you incorporated the traits in your personalities. I have recently become a member of Sun Hoods and I am hungry for ideas on how I can make my city great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Carla, I think that blogging really brings my game alive as well. Like you, blogging and playing are now one thing to me.

    -Demonde Luke, thanks for stopping by! I have been visiting your site, Chocolate City and have added you as a neighbor of AV. Email me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, great update!! I just love how you wrote in all the stuff that's been going on with us, behind the scenes! LOL! It's been such a FANTASTIC ride, so far!! We make a great team!And I look forward to more, more, more.

    All these SUN hood/sim business networks, the exchange of Sims between hoods, the friendships built between the actual players, makes this game the MOST AWESOME thing ever created in my opinion, and I couldn't play this game any other way now! It's so exciting and it fleshes out our Sim's lives so much more.

    I am LOVING the changes to your blog, AV. The apple green colors, the big delicious apple in the header...LOL! Great stuff, girl. It makes your hood's blog very memorable. *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I meant to say also...blogging and playing is one unit to me also. Like hand in glove...It's a history document that MUST accompany my neighborhood and Sims. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. -SH,thanks,your post inspired me to change it up a little bit. I (opps, Jadhira) has been updating everything. I agree about the SUN and the connections made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that blogging helps keep things interesting for me. Otherwise, I'd just fall into the eat, sleep, work, repeat cycle without really developing personalities and reasoning behind my Sims.

    I like hearing about your Sims trips to other neighborhoods! And I love the new look to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Shana, thanks. I love seeing their trips unfold as well. I usually get more insights into their personalities when they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post. I like the flow of the conversations. Ditto others on the blogging, it's how I keep everything interesting and have more depth. Ditto Shana, on the rut of - eat, sleep, work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Maisie, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'm glad that like the others I was finally able to get out of the eat-sleep-work rut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails