Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Llama Season

Haper, spring, 2005
mini-updateTo describe Tobi as upset might be exaggerating it a bit. Perhaps greatly annoyed would be a better way to describe him. It's the big game of the season Llamas vs Bunnies and he had a big party planned. Plenty of chips and dip and ice cold refreshments. The kids and the girlfriend were away and it was man time!

Except all the men couldn't come. Julio Wilsonoff declined for obvious reasons, Jorge Dawson had to help paint the kitchen, Johan Shazad had babysitting duty, Bradford McMillian was away on business, Antonio Herendez didn't like sports and Sazo Warwick was still out the country. That left Jesse Kent. That wasn't a bad thing, but Jesse decided to bring a friend. That friend was Grex Grey.

Maybe Jesse couldn't feel the tension in the air, but Tobi could. He was sure that he was over Ginger, he knew that Cameron was it, like three bolts of lightening.

"I don't understand women." Tobi starts. "Cameron calls it nesting, getting ready for the baby, but to me it's just expenses after expenses. Does the baby really need new paintings in the living room?"

Jesse laughed. "Fiona was the same way with the twins. However, she just dropped the simoleans and had people look at the design and do all the work."

"Ginger and I are still working on our house."

"SCORE! Go llamas!"

"That's right, you two purchased that large fixer-upper in Apple Plains. How is that going?"

"It's going along better well. We working on restoring the floors right now. You wouldn't believe what thirty plus simyears of dirt can do to wood."

"Apple Plains is pretty safe, right? I rarely get any complaints or calls from that area."

"That's because there's hardly any sims that live out there. No burglar wants to even make the trek to the country to steal, what? A bale of hay?"



"GO LLAMAS!"


"I wouldn't mind the extra space of living out in the country," Jesse added. "Far as raising children, there doesn't seem like a better place to do that than Apple Plains."

"Raising children is so easy here in the Metro." Suzanna commented moving about her kitchen.

"I agree. Everything is within easy walking distance and all sorts of events happen here."

"Thank goodness we're close to everything, Laci has been itching to go ice-skating. We should take the kids out for a play date."

"That would be nice, especially since once we deliver we won't be able to get out as much."
"Tell me about it. I'm taking some maternity leave from the clinic for a bit, but I can't stay away too long since I have plenty of babies and moms to take care of. I think that something is in the water, I have been getting plenty of questions from sims wanting to start a family."

"I guess they figure that now is a good time."

"I suppose, but can you imagine the baby boom if all the residents have at least one baby within the next three simyears?"

Cameron was interested in baby booms, however not from a medical point of view, but environmental. How would the increased population strain the natural resources of the land. Those questions often plagued her when she was cooking or idly walking to work. She was seriously considering changing professions.

The newspaper was nice, but checking facts was only so interesting. She was itching to move on to other things. Things like nature and the environment. Every simday she searched the paper looking for that elusive job. No luck yet, however Cameron could still use her contacts to find something soon.


"Grilled cheese for dinner? Isn't that something like for lunch?" Ping complained, pushing his sandwich around.

"Why can't we have ice-cream for dinner?" Simora tagged onto the complaining.

"Or cake!" Aaron added.

"Or you can go to bed without dinner," Tobi calmly said biting into his sandwich. He had to admit, the children were right. He wanted more substantial dinners, but he knew that Cameron was tired because of the pregnancy. Even if she wasn't pregnant, she simply lacked the culinary skills to cook anything involving more expertise than spaghetti. Maybe he could ask Jolie Dawson to give her some private lessons. Or would that earn him a night on the sofa?
---
Tobi got the ROS: Throw a sports party at the house.

Cameron only has maybe three cooking skill points, so dinners are pretty blah at their house.

Cameron is a family/knowledge with a OTH of Nature. She's not content with her newspaper job and is telling me that a job in the natural science career would be better suited for her. She just has to find one now.

How often do you throw parties? Do you wait until a ROS or do you have traditional parties that your residents throw?

9 comments:

  1. First let me say that I love the name "Grex Gray".....it's so cool!!! Poor Tobi! Life kinda sucks as an adult sometimes....responsibilities and all that...ruined his poor party! I throw more parties for my college age kids than my regular families. Maybe a family get together or a party for one of my singles every now and then.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor Tobi! Still, I don't think his party turned out so bad.

    Cameron makes such a cute pregnant Sim - love her tights!

    I have several party ROSs but I don't necessarily wait to roll one before I'll have a party. If my Sims have the want, if I feel like it, or both, I'll hold a party. They are usually family get togethers, although I should really make an effort to have my younger Sims have parties with their friends more often. It's realistic that they'd want to, especially the outgoing ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Mizzgin03, honestly, all the sims that Tobi invited declined expect for Jesse. I don't know if he minded too much, expect for Grex coming. Talk about awkward.

    -Carla, I'm glad you like Cameron's outfit, it's not my style, but I figured-hey, sometimes the sims will like things that I despise. I would really like to have a sleepover sometime soon, I'll have to arrange one for my younger sims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad breaks for Tobi. Though, man, I haven't had chips/dip forever, and the mere mentioning made me want some! :)

    Cameron is adorable with her little baby bump. I hope she finds the career she wants quickly.

    As for your question with parties, it depends. I go by their wants, their age/season (for instance elders are likely to throw family reunions in the summer or college/teens in the winter), and of course if ROS demands one, they get one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fluke that Grex would come to Tobi's party...I did a double take!

    I throw parties if they want one, mostly...on occasion I've thrown one when there was no storyline and gameplay was boring. LOL! I also think about their relationships and if I feel they need to visit with family or friends, I will have them do a group gathering, which is quicker when the group is already managed by phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Maisie, that's interesting that you take into account the season as well to plan a party. I hope she finds a new job soon, she has a degree, so she's good for a career change.

    -SH, yea, me too. I wanted to slap Jesse and say 'you idiot!' 'cause you KNOW Fiona knows all about the whole Grex-Jolie-Ginger-Tobi deal. Nothing gets by that woman-NOTHING! I keep forgetting about managing groups, I need to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Tobi, I'm sorry his sports party didn't turn out like he'd hoped! :(

    I'll usually throw a party if a Sim has a want for one, but they don't always look like "parties." When I was playing last night I let Ian Lloyd throw a party because he had the want, but the party was really just Seth and Emma coming over for dinner with Ian and Nancy. It's was more of a small couples get together than a real party but everyone had a great time anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. -Shana, most of my parties end up like that as well. A few friends come over. I guess if I look at the Throw a Party want, as the desire to entertain a group of friends, then those get-togethers would make more sense. You don't always have the big blowout-sometimes it's a friend over for coffee and muffins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails