Monday, January 25, 2010

Strange Things, 2005

Lovar, spring, 2005
mini-update Julio allowed his mind to focus on the task at hand. During the first few days, it was hard to come back to work. Knowing that his daughter was down the hall, fighting for her life, while he was helping other sims take care of theirs. He felt so helpless, he wanted to make her suffering end, to cure everything wrong with his tiny baby girl, but he couldn't. He didn't have the skills. Instead he focused on what he could do, help and heal other sims, and stay out of Suzanna's way as she tended to his daughter.

He didn't like the way the first sample looked, so he called Susie back for a follow-up appointment. By the time she returned, her foster mother, Nicole, was also sick with similar symptoms. He made the decision to submit them both to a battery of tests.
What he saw was strange and new. It was a virus, this much he knew, but he had never seen this type of virus before and not with these types of symptoms.
The symptoms were similar to the flu, but they stayed around much longer. Susie had been sick for almost 2 weeks now without any relief.

"Do you know when I'll start to feel better?" She asked from her spot on the exam table.
"Not yet, Susie. Not yet."

Nicole wasn't as optimistic when she entered the exam room. She had seen such symptoms before, in her native land of Sokitumi. Once, when she was a girl, almost a third of the population died thanks to the strange sickness, including her best friend. She remembered the fear on the villagers faces at every sneeze and the isolation of the sick.

"I'm just going to run a few tests on your blood and monitor your vitals at the same time," Julio reassured her.

When he sat down, the exact same image flashed up on the screen. He noted that Nicole had fewer of the virus per mL of blood, but it was the same virus as Susie. By now, he knew the virus's name, but knowing the name only caused his heart to stop. It was the dreaded Plumbob Virus and it always seemed that survival was based on luck as there were no known vaccines.
---
Susie was the first rolled for the ROS: Flu while her foster mother, Nicole was the second. There are still 8 more sims to be infected and one to die. At this point, the only sims that are safe are infants and toddlers.

13 comments:

  1. Plumbob Virus. Love it!

    Oh man, sucks someone will die, and who knows on the rest! I hope it doesn't wipe out your hood. Take carla's tip and send them to the hot tub. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, the Plumbob virus!

    Oh, yeah, the hot tub is awesome for sick Sims! Caterina was better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys like the name :P

    -Maisie, I'm not looking forward to the death...at all :(

    -Carla, I'll have to have Julio start prescribing the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plumbob virus, that's a suitable name for a sim decease!

    Oh man, I hate it when sims die. I hope the rest will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name Plumbob Virus! :)

    Oh, I'm worried about who will die from this disease. :( I hope it's only the one death and that all the others manage to survive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Cissie, thankfully it's only one planned death...now if another sim doesn't make it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. -Shana, yep-only one planned (ROS) death. Believe me, it's not going to be easy with this death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the name! Very fitting I think......it's always so hard to know that a sim is going to die.....I would keep all of mine if my computer wouldn't explode haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. -Mizzgin03, I would do the same thing. I miss my TS1 simmies sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really sad to hear that someone is going to die. If I rolled that ROS, I'm not sure I would go through with it. Do you know which sim it's going to be yet?

    I make lots of back-ups on my external drive, so I can potentially keep all of my sims around. I hate to have them go forever too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. -Em, I do know which sim it's going to be. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that name, must borrow that...I've got an illness coming up.

    I am so worried to hear someone's gonna die. I absolutely dread when I have to kill a Sim..part of the reason why my updates start slacking off. LOL!

    It makes for some dramatic stories, though...don't it? I hope your Sims feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. -SH, go right ahead. I might have Julio write up a medical description of it, like Jan Dawson did for the Stone Vein Illness simyears ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails