Monday, February 4, 2013

Coloring Within the Lines, 2014


Havar, fall, 2014
Principal: Ilila Peterson; Primary Teacher K: Jasmine Frankson; Primary Teacher 1 & 2: Walter Gibson; Primary Teacher 3 & 4: Henry Mendenhall; Primary Teacher 5 & 6: Rosemarie Mendenhall

Primary Students: Chase Dawson, Amyra Dawson, Jennifer Kent, Jessica Kent, Lara Grey and Matt Sweeny are in 6th grade; Lilly Ana McMillian, Alia Shae Wilsonoff-Sagacious, and Udar Shazad are in 5th grade; Ana Rayne Wilsonoff, Jeremy Kent, Lora McMillian, Indira Grey and Craig Smith are in 4th grade; Jacob Carr, Richmond Grey, Lesia McMillian, Olivia Humphrey and Christopher Smith are in 3rd grade; Abigal Carr, Vivienne Humphrey and Robin Wren are in 2nd grade; Ari Wilsonoff-Sagacious, Ava Wilsonoff-Sagacious, Owen Smith and Maisie Smith are in 1st grade, Brooklyn Peterson, Jude Peterson, Claudio Pentragnani, Starling Wren and Nicholas Keller are in kindergarten.



Finally the new primary school was finished. It drew inspiration from an old police station in the historical Sunset Valley.

The new school had a larger library

with plenty of new books

and computers for research projects. 

Ilila was glad that Rosemarie was back from her maternity leave. 


She had to admit that she thought that she would be losing a teacher as Rosemarie and Henry were surprised when they had triplets instead of the twins they were expecting.

She didn't know how they managed to survive on such little sleep, but the couple had worked out a plan for them to split their paternity leave instead of leaving their jobs at the primary school.


Ilila was able to find another fulltime teacher as well as the long-term subsitute. Walter was a pro with the kids, which was good since there were so many of them.


The cafeteria thankfully held more than enough room for all of them, 



but Ilila still had work to do. 


She wanted to outsource the meals for the students as her current chef was still insisting that mac&cheese was a healthy lunch.


The children enjoyed the larger play area

with new equipment

to burn off pent up energy

from sitting in class all day


and gardens which made science activities on bugs so much easier.

and Ilila was especially proud of how the new kindergarten room turned out, 

just in time for the largest kindergarten class they enrolled in a long time

and Jasmine was enjoying being able to focus on the little ones.

It was bright and cheerful

with plenty of spaces for exploration and learning

and making new friends.

The other classrooms also boasted of more space

and resources for learning. Now Ilila could focus on getting the secondary school completed for the influx of new students.
----
A tour of the school is posted on N99, but I will add it to the blog as well.

8 comments:

  1. Yay, the new school! It looks amazing. I love that you worked from the TS3 police station rabbithole as well. How awesome is that library? Super-awesome! And the kids look like they're really enjoying the extra space.

    About your chef problem, I think I read a few days ago that there's a mod where the cafeteria worker can serve other food. Might be an option to get healthier food into the AV kids. Have you seen that mod? I can't remember if it was being discussed or if I saw an actual link but I'll let you know if I see it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that mod, I might need to look into it, or else use some buffet tables with other options. I have a loose goal of making TS2 versions of a lot of the TS3 rabbit holes, they're so cute. Thanks for commenting and reading.

      Delete
  2. The new school looks awesome, Starr! The library looks amazing, and I especially like all of the posters around the school-they're are eye-catching and colorful.You have a lot of students, to be exact, your elementary school students and staff equal my entire hood population.I'm afraid to ask what's your total hood population. I think the kindergarten room is probably my favorite, though it is hard to choose one room. Overall, the kids look like they really like their new school.Ilila must be thrilled to have a bigger building and her two teachers returning to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have about 79 playables and sometimes I think that's too many. I love hearing about your hood as well :) thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the new school building, Starr! I like the bright posters and the fact that you used the Sunset Valley police station as inspiration too, and yes, the kindergarten room is too cute. All my primary school classrooms had those reading carpets... now I'm feeling nostalgic for the good old days of crayons and weird collectable toy crazes and naming erasers Peter... good times.

    Rosemarie and Henry must be super-parents to handle three babies and working at a primary school. I'm just as amazed as Ilila that they're coping with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, one of the N99ers made them, but I'm not sure if they're up for download. Since Rosemarie and Henry are pNPCs so they get max motives :)

      Delete
  4. I adore the rabbit holes too! This turned out really adorable! The library is really cute, and the classrooms too. I can't imagine raising triplet babies and working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do it with triplets either, but that's one of the things I envy of the sim world, max motives :) I need some right now just to deal with one baby, nevermind three babies!

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails