Saturday, June 4, 2016

Spirit Animal Award





I'm in the middle of a conference, but I'm so glad that I checked my blogs list before I left. I was nominated for the Spirit Animal Award by Veetie of Kulo Seeri. I'm honored of course to be nominated for anything, lol. Like many other Kulo Seeri fans, I'm in awe of the immense history and detail of the culture surrounding Kulo Seeri. I mean everything from a unique language syntax and structure to a custom sacred cat breed. If you haven't visited Kulo Seeri, you should.

I've been in the sims community for over a decade, my original blog (Greymount) was a TS1 hood that became Apple Valley when TS2 was announced. I currently blog my TS2 game, I dabble in TS3 (mainly to explore tombs and make nectar), and I've logged an impressive 4 hours in my TS4 game (the learning curve is much too much for this stage in my life, lol). I guess my spirit animal would be an owl. I usually prefer to observe everything going on around me with the occasional "who"

Funny enough, as I was writing this and trying to decide if owl was really my spirit animal, my husband informed me that there are quizzes you can take regarding your spirit animal. So I took one and it said that the owl was my spirit animal!!!

 

Part of my RL job involves researching people, so I practice a lot with my sims. I gather lots of data (my excel sheets are massive) and have even used my sim data to test out data analysis programs. I like making connections between the actions of my sims and their motivations and vice versa. MY blog is a way to keep a diary of those sims and how they evolve as I play them. I've said it often, but I blog purely for me. I like to reread old posts before visiting families to get back into their heads and seeing how far some of my favorite simmies have come is satisfying. I don't get to blog "live" as much as I used to, instead most of my game-play is 4-6 weeks ahead of the blog schedule since I'm not able to play sometimes for months, instead I get to binge play. 

I would probably end up nominating some of the same blogs as others, but here goes:

If you accept & want to participate, here are the next steps:

1.) Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their page.
2.) Post the award picture on your blog.
3.) Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you.
4.) If you could be any animal, what would it be?
5.) Pick and notify ten nominees.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Starr - much appreciated!

    How funny that you pegged your spirit animal as an owl and then a quiz confirmed it for you - meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating between the owl and a apathetic cat, lol!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for accepting Starr! The owl is a good spirit animal to have - and the quiz confirming that too, obviously meant to be indeed :)

    I love the way your Sims playstyle and RL job fit together. It's always fun to see how our Sims evolve and their motivations develop, and then looking back on how far they've come. I've seen a lot of that since I started following your blog and it really is satisfying to see our simmies grow up and figure out where they're headed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times I have no clue where they're headed until much later in their little lives. I'm hoping to explore more of that in my playstyle, the confused not sure what to do with my life aspect of some of my simmies.

      Delete
  3. I'm an immense owl fan, it's 90% of my jewelry and decor, so I obviously think it's a great spirit animal! Very funny on the quiz confirming it! It's hard to narrow it down to one animal, a quiz is a handy idea. Thank you for the nomination too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tickled about the owl, that was the mascot of my university as well. It seems like owls just follow me, lol.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails