Monday, October 19, 2009

Combined Terrain Sooner?

One of my favorite couples has experienced the jump bug. Yikes! I created clones and moved them into the hood and successfully killed off one sim, but the other one is walking around as an elder townie. The sims in the hood still have lots of memories with the original couple and I can detect that things will start getting glitchy as evidenced by the static thought bubbles and occasional strange occurances.

As a result, I fear that I may need to move to a combined terrain sooner. Why not just deal with the affected family? I can, it would be tedious in terms of memories, but it should even out after a generation. However, since I've been playing around with combined terrains, perhaps this is the push I need. I'm not ready to pull the plug on AV and move all the residents. I still haven't found a terrain that I'm happy about, most of them are too large, even the smaller ones. I guess when you're used to using tiny terrains, everything seems large if you have to move the camera around to see any part of the terrain :P

5 comments:

  1. Have you thought about using the Batbox by Pescado to delete the Sims properly?

    So you have SimCity? Maybe you can build your own terrain. I know how you feel, finding a terrain was the worse

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Herendoncove, the batbox has an option to delete sims? I'll have to try it-thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Valley, the option Heredon is talking about only shows up if you shift-click on it with testingcheats on. I've never used it, so that's about all I know about it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, MATY has the instructions. I think its called the Electric Boogaloo. Pescado says its the best way to delete Sims bc it gets rid of all the tokens and relationships related to them.

    Here you go: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6205.0.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails