Sunday, April 4, 2010

Different Things, 2005, Part 1

Havar, fall, 2005
last update
Krissy Thorn and Bill Carr are seniors, Susie MacAstral and Benjamin Endeavor are sophmores, S'Ahmisa Warwick and Verde Herendez are freshmen. Uma Birch is 25, Anthony Wren is 26.




Johan looked out into the small crowd. Today marked the end of new student orientation and the official start of the semester. Parents and siblings crowded the small arena, making Johan even more aware of the fact that the university desperately needed renovations in spite of its young age.

He focused on his talk, welcoming the students to the path of higher learning and the possibilities that would be theirs once they graduated. He knew very well the opportunities as well as the challenges. He had recently enrolled in the advanced degree program that he helped to design. The first student in the pursuit for higher education. He had to take a loan out for the program, but once he became the Minister of Education and his work would help to change education all over SimNation, it would be worth it.


Johan quickly finished his talk so parents could say last minute goodbyes as their little ones started thier first year of university.

"We're so proud of you, S'Ahmisa." her father said grabbing her in a big hug.

S'Ahmisa beamed. It had been a very busy summer with her internship in Simmington Hills and her trip to visit her friend Rommy in Tanwa Nuidya to visit his family and his new daughter named after her. Now she was starting her first year at university and she could hardly wait to meet all sorts of new sims.

"I'm gonna miss you," Si'Enya whispered as it was time for her hug.

"I'm still within walking distance," S'Ahmisa reassured her younger sister, "besides, you'll be up here to visit and hang out."

"I guess you're right..."Si'Enya trailed off as she noticed Verde and her belly grew warm. "Um, have you mentioned Rashid to Verde?"

"No way," S'Ahmisa said. "It doesn't matter anyway, we're breaking up soon."

"How do you know?"

"I know, believe me, I know."

"Are you sad? Mad?"

"Naw, we're after different things right now, so it's not a big deal."

"What's that noise?...Oh, no, daddy's singing in public!" Si'Enya hissed.

S'Ahmisa glanced around, but thankfully most of the other families had gone to other parts of the university to say their goodbyes.

"How embarrassing."

*****

"Is this spot ok?"

S'Ahmisa nodded and sat on the ground. Verde followed, easing his body to the slightly damp grass. The couple sat in silence for a while, enjoying the slightly chilly air and the smell of leaves.

"I want a family,"

"I want that too."

"I want a place of my own and a wife and children."

"Verde, those are things I want as well."

"I want them in the next two simyears."

Verde watched as S'Ahmisa bit her lip. He tried to keep his face neutral, but knew that it was betraying him. He wanted those things with her, he never dreamed of sharing them with any other sim than her, but now it was obvious. They were not on the same page. They loved each other and the attraction was incredible, but they were after two different things in life.

"I can't give you those things anymore than you can give me what I want," she whispered.

She wanted a life spent traveling, building her network and eventually becoming the mayor of this great hood and leading the residents into a golden age of prosperity. She wanted children, eventually, not anytime soon. There was too much of the world to see and conquer. She had always dreamed of riding a scooter across the cobblestone roads of a distant place, sipping on sweet nectar and people watching with Verde by her side. But now it was obvious. They were not on the same page. They loved each other and the attraction was incredible, but they were after two different things in life.

"I guess this means it's over..."

"I guess so..."

"Friends?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

*****

The first few simweeks of the semester passed fairly quickly. Susie tried her hand at stargazing, still fearful that her ancestors would come and swoop her up into the stars.

Her relationship with Anthony continued to bloom in spite of Susie occasionally pushing him away. She feared giving her heart, but she knew it was too late for that. Perhaps if she were to make-out with the new guy, Benjamin. Maybe she would know for sure if Anthony was for her. Was it possible to really be sure? Couldn't you love several sims, heck, five sims at once?

But when he kissed her, Susie knew that she might have found a man able to keep up with her. She didn't know that she had such a hunger for all things carnal. She always wanted to kiss Anthony, to hug Anthony, to do all sorts of things in the photo booth, hot tub, and dressing room at the local fashion store with Anthony. Most times she wondered about doing those very same things with others. Sims that held no identities, only willing bodies to fulfill her erotic dreams, but then Anthony would pull her back to reality with his kisses, reminding her that he might possibly be enough.

Benjamin tried his hand at flirting with Krissy, who was older than him, but oh so cute.

However, it was S'Ahmisa that he enjoyed spending time with. She was cute, that much was obvious. He was attracted to her, but she also had a pretty mean curve ball.

"Are you going to the sports complex today?" she asked after a quick session of pitching.

"Yea, I need to practice some layups. Are you going?"

She nodded, "Coach said my kicking technique needs some tweaking."

The duo walked to the nearby newly renovated sports complex lost in a deep conversation about thier doubled load at university. In addition to their classes, they had to continue to improve in their respective sports and keep thier scholarships.

S'Ahmisa knew that it would be tough. She had to not only get through her bachelor's degree, but also obtain an advanced degree if she realistically wanted to become mayor.

Should she apply right after graduation or take a few years off and work before obtaining her degree.

She tried not to think so far ahead, she just couldn't help it. She liked to have a plan and a map of where she was headed.

Her thoughts turned to Rashid. Was he still seeing that little girl or was he truly enjoying the women at his university? Did he have plans for spring break now that Verde wouldn't be able to go to Montalcino and sip nectar with her?

She sighed and nailed the ball in front of her. Concentrate on your kicking, she reminded herself.

Concentrate, he reminded himself as he dibbled the ball. Thankfully he was going to be a starter on the basketball team at Pierce University, however he had to defend his position as one of the starting five. The basketball team was new, this would be their first season. The coach was confident in the team and Benjamin was even named team leader by the other members. It was a lot different from his time at Peninsula State and he was thankful for the opportunity.

He missed his family in Simdale and he often thought of Alisha, his cheerleader girlfriend. He had a thing for her in that tiny uniform and the way she bounced as she walked everywhere. They could have been a power couple on campus as long as she didn't mind the other women fawning over him.

He had heard that Roxie was a mother now and the thought kind of screwed with his head. He couldn't imagine being a father so young, there was just too much for him to do.

Not to mention how limiting a child would be on his social life. He had met her in a bar. Li was her name and she was older, not a senior, like Krissy, but a grown woman. She was more than cute, she was hot and he was eating out of her hand by the time the bartender yelled out last call. They both walked into the cold air and he was at a lost of how to approach her. Every word that fell from his lips seemed to be stupid and he didn't want to seem like a little kid.

"Look, you're a handsome young man." Li said taking matters into her own hands. "Why don't we just move this party to a hotel room."

Benjamin nodded, he couldn't believe his luck.

"You are legal right? I don't want to be doing jail time over this."

"I-I'm legal." He whispered as she grabbed his hand and led him into the hotel.

*****

Verde couldn't believe his ears as Benjamin recounted the tale.

"She hasn't called me since then," Benjamin mentioned.

Verde shrugged. "I doubt that she will, unless she has an itch that you can scratch."

Benjamin knew that he was right, hopefully Li would develop an intense itch since Benjamin clearly had one of his own that only she could relive.

That afternoon, Verde glanced over the menu waiting for Lainey. He smelled her before he saw her, that intoxicating scent of orchids and mangos drove him wild.

"Thanks for meeting me."

"Thanks for inviting me."

The server came and took their order and the duo sat in silence for a moment.

"How's your girlfriend," Lainey mentioned picking the lint off her military issued pants.

"We're not together anymore."

"Why not?" so that explained why he seemed so different during their training sessions. Probably mourning.

"We wanted different things," Verde began rehashing the quick version of the events.

"That is interesting. In my culture, I am considered an old maid."

"Really?"

"Yes, my family thinks that I may perfer women."

"Do you?"

Verde tried to ignore the quivering in his stomach as Lainey fixed her eyes upon him. "I could show you..."

After showing him that she perfered men and in fact perfered him, Verde could see no reason in delaying things. He made a flimsy excuse of wishing to take her to the movies-right then and after viewing Lainey's choice for the classic film, Sunday from Pennelson Productions, Verde turned to her.

"I haven't done this since high school."

"You were just in high school a few simlonic months ago," Lainey reminded him.

"Er...well...um, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Verde couldn't have asked for a better answer.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad S'Ahmisa broke it off with so little trouble with Verde. She is really working her way into my heart, with her hard work and ambitions.

    Of course, I was so happy to see my Benjiman still continuing on with his simulated existence! I was pretty proud of him when he charmed Krissy, and shocked that Li fell for him, at least temporarily. I hope he keeps his head on straight, and continues to be grateful for his opportunties, but also especially if he might be falling for S'Ahmisa. Li seems to be a pretty strong drug for some guys who want to let her go.

    Your gym is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad that if S'Ahmisa and Verde had to break up, it was at least an amicable one.

    And my goodness, Li! Benjamin's certainly had an interesting start to his time in Apple Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked to see Li hooking up with Benjamin!

    WOW the background on your basketball court is jaw-dropping.

    I'm also glad things seemed to end well with S'Ahmisa and Verde, doubly glad that they didn't continue the relationship and give their own dreams up. That would have just been trouble down the road.

    Verde seems to be moving on quite nicely, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sad to see S'Ahmisa and Verde break up, but I do understand it. If they want different things in their lives, they'll never be completely happy because one will always have to give up their dreams for the other. I'm glad that they're going to try to be friends though.

    Wow, Li and Benjamin! I'm worried that won't end well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Francesca, thanks. The university needed a sports complex so I built a little something for S'Ahmisa and Benjamin. Hmm, I don't know where Benjamin and Li are going, but he does like S'Ahmisa. I've caught them sneaking off to corners already.

    -Carla, Verde and S'Ahmisa were not rolling wants for each other and I tried to make sense of it. Seeing that they have different ambitions seemed like the reason also considering that they've been friends since they were kids, I guess they would try to work it out so that they could remain friends.

    -Maisie, Li is hunting for new meat and Benjamin is just that. Sometimes I think I should give Li a romance secondary with the way she acts. Thanks, the hood terrain is quite small which means you can see a lot of the hood when you're on a lot. The gym is a 1x4, and I used the greenhouse walls to sneak in more space which means Benjamin gets a panarama of the hood while praticing. Lainey had been trying to flirt with Verde the entire summer, but he kept her at bay even though they have a higher chemistry-all autonomously, so Verde is naturally a good boy :P

    -Shana, I had plans for S'Ahmisa and Verde, but I guess they didn't agree. I don't know if Li and Benjamin will even go anywhere. Li hasn't thought about Benjamin and I wonder if she even remembers that she met and woohoo'd with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hate it when my plans don't match my sims and the refuse do my bidding. It really has a way of me messing up my storyline.

    At least S'Ahmisa and Verde found this out while they were young instead of down the road.

    I love Li, I bet she is fun to play

    ReplyDelete
  7. -Oasis Valley, lol. I used to use my storylines for Pahala Shore so I wouldn't get too upset about them messing up my storylines, but they do have a way of messing stuff up. Li is interesting. She's pemi-plat now and her wants are usually throw a party, make a friend, etc. Her ACR on the other hand is something fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED that song "Sunday" and the movie was quite good! I was shocked as well that Li hooked up with Benjamin! But, now I'm getting another picture of Li..she's a cougar! LOL!

    I really enjoyed this update...glad S'Ahmisa and Verde broke up amicably. No telling what Rashid is doing..getting ready for highschool graduation, I'm sure. *smiles* I need to get back to it, but I'm not feeling the game right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. -SH, glad you liked the song and movie. I did that movie a few years ago back when my movie making skills sucked. I would like to think that they're better now, but I haven't made a movie in a while. Hmm, Li might be a cougar...or just after some woohoo. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails