Monday, April 19, 2010

Certain Personality, 2005

Resar, fall, 2005
Jorge and Jolie are 38, Grace Elise is 10, Ashlee is 7, Esther is 3, Chase and Amyra are 2
last update

School thankfully had started back, much to the relief of Jolie's sanity. Being stuck all summer in the house with three toddlers and two very bored children wasn't fun. Jorge walked the girls to school for their first day back, giving Jolie a few moments before the toddlers woke up.

Jolie quickly got to work trying out a new recipe for elderberry torte.

While the torte was in the oven

Jolie worked a bit on her next cookbook and sent a few design options to Keith Dalton. Business had slowed down a bit over the summer, but now orders were coming fast and furious.

The timer for the oven went off at the same time that Jolie heard Esther's screams to be let out. She quickly got the toddlers dressed and fed and pushed outside to enjoy the warm weather before winter's chill gripped the tiny hood.

Soon, the girls were running through the house and Jorge was kissing her cheek hello before he left for his appointment. Things had been tense for a few simweeks after Jorge was fined for public fighting. He wouldn't say what provoked the fight, but Jolie knew that he had found the letter. That simple letter and photo, which was missing from the what she thought was a safe place, but apparently not from her husband. As the girls chatted about thier first day back, Jolie couldn't help but wonder when the couple would have time to sit and talk and if Jorge would even want to talk.

Jorge was a man of few words and he was still trying to process what he found. He wondered how long Jolie had been with Grex and if it was still going on.

"Faster," Jorge demanded from his client as he planned how to approach his wife.

"I already have homework," Grace Elise whined over dinner. "Mrs.Peterson said that I have to practice my multiplication facts."

"I don't have homework," Ashlee beamed, "can I play with the babies?"

"Of course," Jorge agreed, happy to have the toddlers entertained while he made a few phone calls.

Jolie quickly cleaned the kitchen and turned to see Jorge standing by the door watching her.

"Are you ok?" she nervously asked.

"I was going to ask you the same question," he said coming into the kitchen so the children couldn't hear them. "You look tense."

Jolie sighed. "I think I'm going crazy. Being stuck indoors with three toddlers all day isn't the best thing for my sanity."

Jorge grinned. "Why don't you go to the new exhibit at the art gallery with Ilila. You've mentioned that you wanted to do something with her since we had dinner with them. I think I can handle the children alone this evening."

"You're right, I'll call her and see if she's free."

Thankfully she was free and in need of a break. "The first day of school was successful," she answered Jolie's question as they browsed the small gallery. Most of the art belonged to young Veronika Kent, who was nothing short of an art prodigy.

"I'm glad, I couldn't imagine having to teach. I'd go crazy. I already find myself losing my temper with the kids and I don't have to worry about teaching them numerous skills."

Ilila smiled, "It just takes a certain personality type to handle children."

The women laughed as nearby Julio poured his heart out to his older brother. "It's rough, Rebecca is in intensive care and Amanda just tested positive for the virus. I have to try and take care of the rest of my patients as well as Amanda and Ana Rayne still has her daily needs."

"Is the medical center still looking for help?"

Julio nodded. "We actually got an application from a very promising candidate. She's from Pahala Shore and if she accepts the offer, we would be better equipped to handle this crisis."

"You already made her a job offer?"

"Not yet, we have to get it approved by the county council, but soon."

***

Jolie ignored the twins pleas to be picked up. She had spent the greater part of the day toting one or the other.

"How was your day?" Jorge asked before sweeping her into a deep kiss.

Jolie couldn't answer after such a deep kiss.

"The sitter is on the way, we're going out." He said disappearing into the bedroom. No mention of where they were going or even if she felt like going out.

The couple found themselves in their favorite italian resturant mulling over the wine list as the server made recommendations.

Jolie placed her order, feeling her husband's eyes on her. "What is it?" she asked as the server left the table.

He handed her an envelope and Jolie's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach. Would he try to take the children? she thought as her hands trembled. Why bring her out in public to do this? Would he think she wouldn't make a scene if they were in public? Would she make a scene? How could she survive? What about the children?
"Open it," Jorge demanded watching his wife stare at the envelope.

"I- I don't want to." She choked out with tears in her eyes.

"Open it, Jolie."

"Please...please don't make me do this? Please..." She pleaded.

"Open it, Jolie."

Jolie swallowed trying to keep her tears at bay as she eased the seal open. Inside was the missing letter and photo. She breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't what she expected. The table was quiet as the server placed thier food in front of them.

"Explain," he demanded as the server left.

Jolie fumbled with her fork, trying to find the words to explain that horrible mistake. "It was once...two simyears ago, before the twins were born."

Jorge could feel his face paling. "The twins...the twins are his?"

"They're yours, Jorge. How could you doubt when they have your eyes? All of our children have you as their father."

Jorge nodded. "Why? Wasn't I enough?"

"You're more than enough." Jolie tried not to cry, she never wanted this day to come. "I, I wish I could explain it. It only happened once, we were at a party, in the hot tub relaxing. Next thing I know we were kissing and then..."

"Just one time?"

"I haven't spoken with him since. I only see him in passing. I didn't want to mess up our life..."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't want...I didn't want to lose you or the children. Then...then the letter came and I couldn't say anything...I was scared...I love you, Jorge. I've been trying to do everything just right, everything to make that day disappear."

The couple paid for their meal and retreated to a corner with their cups of coffee. Jolie watched as Jorge clenched his cup, the lines of his tattoos moving in unison. She remembered when he got those tattoos, right after leaving the military. That was so long ago, before all this happened. Sometimes she wished she could start over...never step foot inside that party.


"You can't erase it." Jorge said painfully. "You could never erase that day."

"I know. It was a stupid decision and I will do anything to make it up to you."


Jorge looked over his wife with hurt eyes. It was two simyears ago and even he had noticed that she didn't talk to Ginger who was once a good friend. He had wondered why, but now he had his answer. Now he knew why his wife rarely left the house, sending him to buy fresh produce and walking the long way around the hood to avoid crossing the Grey's house. It hurt like hell no matter how long ago it was. Finding out that your wife, the love of your life, the mother of your children, had cheated...it was enough to make any man weak to his stomach.

"Jorge..." Jolie whispered. The silence terrified her. "Jorge, please don't leave me...I know I shouldn't even ask. I...I don't think I could bear it if you left me."

He sat in silence. The thought of leaving had crossed his mind. He had just found the letter and the anger was still white hot. Instead of calling the lawyers he took off for a walk to cool his head and bumped into Grex. He took all his anger out on the man, the pain of flesh meeting bone was enough to cloud his head and his heart from the pain of such a deep betrayal. He couldn't leave, even if he wanted to. Jolie was too much a part of him and he knew that there had to be more to the story.
"Where's the letter?"

Jolie handed the envelope to him. Jorge ripped it to shreds and dropped the pieces into the trash.

"You feel like dancing before going home?"

Jolie nodded, tears in her eyes as her husband, her wonderful husband drew her into his arms and held her close.

"I love you."

"I love you. No more secrets."

"No more secrets."

---
  • Jolie's Affair; Jorge's Fight
  • Amanda and Rebecca are victims of the ROS. Poor Julio, he's really streached thin right now bewteen his work with the virus at the medical centre and caring for sick Amanda and Ana Rayne. If Ajani and Rayne were still alive they would have had some help.
  • As soon as Jolie left the lot for the art gallery, all the children surrounding Jorge and started whining for attention. I felt so bad for the man as three toddlers crowded around his feet begging for attention and his daughters starting begging to be read to.
  • Can you guess who's making the move from Pahala Shore to Apple Valley?

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad they talked and the truth is fully out there. I hope they are able to work through it and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because ACR works too well, I have changed all the family sims and their spouses setting to spouse only, unless they have romance as one of the aspirations.

    I have also raised long-term and short-term relationship requirements for woohoo acceptance for non-romance sims.

    With default setting, I am afraid the the majority of kids will grow up in broken homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that Jorge could forgive her and they can go on. Their marriage should be stronger in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy that Jorge confronted Jolie. If either of them want this marriage to work, honesty is, as they say, the best policy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Shana, I think they'll be ok. Jolie managed to keep it secret for two years and it was only once...

    -Lepifera, hmm, I am going to consider setting family sims to spouse only. However, some seem to defy this setting.

    -Francesca, I hope so. I think Jorge's ego and pride is bruised since he had no clue about what was going on.

    -Carla, true. Jolie thought it was safer to keep it a secret since it was one time and it wasn't continued...basically a one night stand...with your friend's husband...eh, yea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! I was bitting my nails. I thought he was really going to leave her. I'm glad Jorge and Jolie were able to work things out. Too bad it's taken so long for him to find out, but maybe it's better this way. If she had come clean sooner, maybe he would have let her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they can make it past this, I hope they can anyway....I really hope nothing else happens to them! Jorge probably feels better since he kicked Grex's ass......that always helps lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. -Riverdale, I don't know how Jorge would have responded if he had known earlier. I guess it depends on how early as there would have been a difference before and after the twins' birth.

    -Mizzgin03, you're probably right. He got all his frustrations out on Grex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so sorry for poor Jolie. She really felt bad about what happened.

    So are some of your Pahala Shore characters moving to AV or is it the actors that played the characters. I'd been wondering if Pahala Shore was going to continue. If it's characters then I guess Sierra. I know Bradford told James about Nailah joining his company. That should be interesting either way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Em, some of the Pahala Shore characters are moving to AV. I miss them. Good guess with Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  11. My eyes got watery when Jorge tore up the letter and asked Jolie to dance! That was a 'Whewww!' moment.

    Oh this was so good. I'm relieved that it's all out in the air and resolved. (They're place looks really nice!)

    I almost had a heart attack reading that Becks is in Intensive Care. Thanks for the shocker...so cruel! LOL!

    I hope she and Amanda can pull through, ohmygosh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. -SH, I'm glad you like the house. You recognize the furniture from Keith Dalton's store, right? Opps, did I not tell you about Rebecca getting the Plumbbob Virus...^o^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails