Thursday, April 5, 2007

Pastoral Notes: Construction Starts

Lyndon Humphrey

Spring is here and construction on the rebuilding process is underway. It is fascinating to watch something come out of the ground from nothing. Perhaps I will have my first sermon about that amazing phenomenon.

I am nervous about taking my post as the new pastor. Nicole and I have been given a modest bonus as an incentive, besides we are able to live in the house-rent free, as well as recieve a modest weekly salary. Not much, about $500 a simweek which equates to about $70 a day. Nicole wants to get a job at the new resturaunt, Tati's. That should bring in some additional money, not much more, but a little bit more. We're also going to plant a small garden and fish in the local ponds for extra income/food.

The most exciting news is the addition to the Humphrey family and which will keep me rather busy when not drafting sermons, preaching or tending our garden. We're going to adopt a child. Hopefully this will be the first of three, but we shall see. It was a disappointment that we could not bear children, but at least now we will give a needy child a home. I am anxious to see the little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails